WORK FOR SENTINEL
Waterside Primary Care Network
Weekend Clinical Sessions available from January 2022
Sentinel Healthcare CIC are working with the Waterside PCN to deliver in-hours weekend clinics to extend primary care services into the weekend. Waterside PCN covers a population of about 66,000 people and includes 7 practices: Peverell Park Surgery, St Neots Surgery, Stoke Surgery, West Hoe Surgery, Devonport Health Centre, St Levan’s Surgery and Adelaide St Surgery.
As part of the national strategy to extend Primary Care Access into the weekends we are working with Waterside to help provide clinics over the weekends. We plan on having senior health professionals and HCA available in the mornings on Saturdays and Sundays based in the PCN Locality.
We are seeking a range of interested healthcare professionals, initially from within Waterside PCN, who may be interested in additional clinics over the weekend. We are aiming to provide four clinics over the weekend – initially on a Saturday morning. We hope this will be a great opportunity for HCPs to enhance their income and maybe develop their roles alongside their normal practice duties.
If you are a Healthcare Professional (e.g. HCA, Physio, Nurse, Paramedic, GP etc.) and would like to work with us for a session (or more!) per month it would be great to hear from you via the email address below. We are offering competitive weekend rates for these roles.
|Example Role||Hourly Rate||Session Rate (4hrs)|
|HCA||£ 12.60||£ 50.40|
|Practice Nurse||£ 20.94||£ 83.76|
|Advanced Paramedic||£ 27.97||£ 111.88|
|GP (fixed rate)||£ 75.00||£300.00|
We anticipate clinics running 08:00 to 12:00, and we offer the NHS pension. If you are interested in working with us, or would like further details, please email us with your contact details and area/role of interest to the following address:
We hope to hear from you soon!
Diabetes Educator (Part-time Flexible Worker Contract)
Type 2 Diabetes Structured Group Education Programme
Diabetes care is one of the major challenges facing the NHS. Structured education programmes can help adults with Type 2 diabetes to improve their knowledge and skills and also help to motivate them to take control of their condition and self-manage it effectively.
Sentinel Healthcare CiC are commissioned to deliver patient education to newly diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes patients. Our small education team consists of Nurses and Dietitians who are trained and competent to deliver the principles and content of the programme.
The Diabetes Educators deliver the structured programme to patients referred into the programme via their GP surgery. Programme delivery is offered either digitally or in a face to face group session at various locations within Plymouth and the surrounding areas. Outcomes are measured on patient satisfaction with the ability to self-manage their Type 2
diabetes after attending the structured education programme. The programme and
educators are quality assured and reviewed by the Derriford Hospital Diabetes Team.
We are currently looking for additional Diabetes Nurse and Dietitian Educators to join our team.
Applicants should have relevant work experience of working with diabetic patients in a community setting, have excellent presentation skills and be able to demonstrate an understanding of educational theory appropriate to the age and needs of the patients referred into the programme.
Applicants will also need to be digitally competent in using video platforms to deliver webinars.
Successful applicants will undergo a period of observational learning, followed by supported on-the-job training.
The educator role would be ideal for suitably qualified and experienced Nurses and Dietitians looking to supplement their existing post or wanting to gain experience of working in a community based setting. Post hours are flexible dependent on the applicants’ availability and applicants must be willing to travel in and around the Plymouth and South Devon locality.
For an informal chat about the role and programme, please contact:
Denise Standen, Operations Manager Tel: 01752 434750 or email email@example.com.
Outpatients & Minor Operations Nursing Assistant
Sentinel Healthcare CiC seek to be an exemplar employer and aim to recruit staff with similar ambitions linking to our vision and values. By joining Sentinel Healthcare, you will become part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care.
We are looking for additional skilled, enthusiastic and highly motivated nursing staff to join our committed clinical team, providing support and assistance in our highly successful Private Healthcare and NHS Clinical services, including Dermatology Minor Operations, ENT and Vasectomy clinics. You will be part of a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security and infection control, working as part of a team in the development of knowledge.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of working within a similar NHS or private healthcare setting is essential.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a good team worker, who is punctual and reliable.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Preparing patients and assisting GP’s with Specialist Interest (GPwSI) with Dermatology and Vasectomy minor procedures.
- Support ENT GPwSI’s during OPD clinics and ensuring that scope equipment is sterilised and appropriate infection control measures adhered to.
- Monitor stock levels to ensure sufficient supplies are available for clinics and liaise with Stock Nurse for re-ordering of clinic consumables.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the consulting rooms and treatment rooms.
- Prompt reporting of faults or non-compliance to agreed standards.
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Work to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- As a skilled member of the clinical team promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Be an advocate for patient care, searching for ways to improve the value and effectiveness of care and services delivered.
- Sentinel Healthcare offer excellent terms and conditions.
- If you have a positive, “can-do” flexible attitude and are passionate about providing high levels of patient and customer care, then we very much look forward to receiving your application.
- The role is offered on a Flexible Worker Contract, as hours will be flexible and based on demand into the Sentinel services. Therefore, this position would suit an experienced HCA or Registered Nurse wishing to fit this role around existing working commitments. Salary will be dependent on experience and professional qualification.
- Pleasant working environments.
- Enrolment in the NHS Pension Scheme
Please email your CV and letter of application to: SHS.SentinelRecruitment@nhs.net
For an informal discussion regarding the vacancy please ring:-
Denise Standen, Operations Manager Tel: 01752 434750
Expressions of interest are always welcome from healthcare professionals who would like to join our community service teams. Our clinical services require multi-disciplinary staff, including Consultants, GPSI’S, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Practice Nurses, Dietitians and HCA’s.
For an informal discussion, please contact Denise Standen 01752 434750/ 01752 434102
Bank Administration Staff
We like to keep a bank of experienced, flexible Administrators to help support our core Admin Team during absences and periods of high workload. Hours are flexible and there is no guarantee of working hours and so this type of work usually fits in around other commitments.
If you would like to be considered for this type of position, then please email your CV to